Following are a few of my well-intended New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t promise to keep any of them, but at least you know I’m thinking about them:
- I’ll clean and straighten my desk to keep Merle happy.
- I’ll mention Jesus more in my homilies to keep Gertrude happy.
- I’ll start services on time to keep Alvah happy.
- I’ll pick hymns way ahead of time to keep Mary happy.
- I’ll “beep” more to keep Cissy happy – you’ll have to ask her about this one.
- I’ll stop referring to God as “He” to keep Frankie and Susie happy.
- I’ll attend the Adult Class to keep Steven happy.
- I’ll use more incense to keep Audrey and Fay happy.
- I’ll use less incense to keep Nell and Evelyn happy.
- I’ll use fewer dish towels as paint rags to keep Olive happy.
- I’ll chant less to keep everyone happy.
- I’ll continue doing what I want to keep me happy.
- I’ll wish each of you a blessed and wonderful New Year’s!
Get your copy now by calling the Church Office at (757) 622-7672.
Get the Book!
A compilation of The Rev. Richard O. Bridgford’s most memorable articles from his nearly 25 years at Church of the Epiphany. Enjoy history, humor, nature, travel, and wacky experiences with Fr. Bridgford, his two-legged and four-legged friends! Recall:
- the New Year’s resolutions he couldn’t keep
- the year Santa’s elf delivered Baby Jesus to the creche
- the volcano that threatened his vacation
- sweet elderly widows and “a little afternoon sherry”
See if he has written about YOU
Proceeds go to The Church of the Epiphany